Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Giro Aspect Review





















I have always liked the way the Giro size large has fit.  Yes I need the large, I have a big head.  I have worn the Giro Atmos and Pro Lite.  Both helmets fit well and were nice and light.  But remember I am not a racer and I traded in my carbon race bike for a custom steel frame.  And in my opinion the race helmets didn't really match the classic look of bike riding I was going for.  So for 2 years I wore the Giro Reverb.  Not a tech or light helmet at all, but I like the clean classic style.  So when pictures of the Giro Aspect started to service I was interested.  A month ago I finally pulled the trigger and got a new helmet, the Giro Aspect.  I have now used it for commuting and long saturday rides exclusively.  It is is a nice clean looking (non-race) helmet on the outside, but has all the fit and adjustability as the high end race helmet.  Good ventilation and the built in brim make the package complete.  So far the helmet is exactly what I have wanted.  Now Giro needs to make it in a clean white color combination for the hot summer and I will be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment